The way to win is to run into the enemies because you have 5 lives. Then go into the box with a box with a star on in to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
End of project blog 2
My project was initially to make a bird, but when I cut it out it looked more like a whale, so that is what I went with. The whale can spin and bob up and down to represent it swimming. The project was to make a hand crank automata using cams, skewer sticks, and phone boxes.
The materials I used were, an iPhone box, a snail cam made out of foam board, skewer sticks, and cardboard. The tools is used were cardboard scissors, the hot glue gun, and hole punchers.
The problems I faced were mostly in the building stage. One problem was that my original design did not work properly. There were wires the were keeping the figure from spinning, but that made it extremely hard to turn the crank. So what I did was I took away the wires so it could move smoothly.
I had no specific favorite part of the project. The full project in general was fun.
What I learned
I learned while making this project that some ideas don't work, but if you can rethink it, you can make it work. My first idea didn't work, but eventually it worked. I had think of all the things that are not making it work. Then take away the right things.
What I changed
The things I changed were taking wires away from the whale to keep it in the same position. The whale them moved freely, spinning and bobbing. After I changed this, my project worked smoothly and I had no problems after that.
End of project blog
My car was supposed to be a car with moving wheels. The motor in the back was supposed
to make all the wheels turn simultaneously. This was supposed to represent a car in real life. But
this didn't work the way I wanted it to. The idea was hard to make and I could not compete the
project. My design was flawed and there was no way I could have made it work with the time I
My materials consisted of
• a motor
• 4 RC car wheels
• 5 gears
• black foam
The tools I used where
• Measuring triangles
• Soldering irons
• Glue guns
• my notebook
• Pencils, markers
The most challenging part of this project was trying to get my ambitious idea done in 5 or 6
days. Trying to think of an idea and trying to expressing it in drawing was hard as well. The way I
coped with the mental block was by letting every little idea be considered. I never coped with the
The most fun part of this project was being able to build it my self and use the many tools at
our hands. The building of my project was fun even though I didn't complete it, and I tried to make
the best of it.
Through this process I learned how to solder. This is probably be a good skill to know when
I go further into this class.
If I could change anything, I would make my project more practical. I would make it so that I
could finish the project.
I eventually was able to finish my first project. The project was a helicopter made out of card board, popsicle sticks and a motor. The project had a spinning rotary blade, that represented the spinning of the helicopters rotor blades. Here is a video of it in action